How to put an avatar on your account. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!
New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!
New Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Horizons

PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to put an avatar on your account.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin
Ahmed

Number of posts : 51452
Username Change Points : 61088
Registration date : 2007-10-14
Mood : How to put an avatar on your account. Tired

How to put an avatar on your account. Empty
PostSubject: How to put an avatar on your account.   How to put an avatar on your account. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 9:07 pm

This is how to put an avatar (the picture that goes under your name), on your account:

What is an Avatar?

An avatar is a small picture that is displayed under the user's name. This allows them to show their humor or to represent themselves.

How to put an Avatar?

Click on "Profile" in the link bar on top of the forum page

Then click on the "Avatar" link above the frame, on the right hand side of the page

1- It the avatar is on your PC : you click on "Browse" (the button's language depends of your browser's language) to look for the picture on your hard drive, then submit.
CAUTION : The picture must not exceed 32 KB in weight, and if the admin didn't modify the max dimensions, it must not exceed 150*200 pixels in size. Only .jpg, .gif and .png format are accepted.

2- You can upload an avatar to the server from an URL. In this case, the avatar is directly hosted on the board's server, and the size and weight limits are still applied. Advised if you take an avatar from a sel-service avatar website where direct-linking is not allowed.

3- You can link an avatar from another site by putting the URL. In his way, the size and weight limits are no longer applied and nothing will prevent your members to use large avatars since they stay hosted on the website where they come from. Advised if you host your avatars yourself on Servimg, photobucket, imageshack, etc. or if your avatar is in .png format with transparency.

4- Also you can choose an avatar from the gallery, if you want.
Back to top Go down

How to put an avatar on your account.
Page 1 of 1